Quebec’s Employment integration of foreign-trained individuals referred by a Professional Association (IPOP – Intégration en emploi de personnes formées à l’étranger référées par un ordre professionnel )
The cost of short-term refresher training (up to 80 hours) can be reimbursed, up to a maximum of CAN$5,000.
The employer receives a subsidy to cover part of the participant’s salary.
This subsidy, which can extend over a period of up to 52 weeks, depending on the integration needs of the immigrant and the characteristics of the job concerned, amounts to up to 70% of the salary paid, up to a maximum of 100% of the minimum wage.
The customer base is as follows:
- Canadian citizens;
- immigrants who have obtained permanent residency;
- people to whom Canada has granted asylum (refugees, persons in need of protection or protected persons);
- spouses of temporary foreign workers.
To be eligible, the person :
- must have received training and a diploma outside Canada for a profession governed by a Quebec professional order;
- must not have work experience in Quebec in his or her field of expertise or in a sector of activity related to his or her profession;
- be able to provide a document proving that steps have been taken with a Quebec professional order (e.g. receipt for filing, order prescription).
The job must :
- be related to the person’s field of expertise;
- be in a sector of activity related to a profession governed by a Quebec professional order and allow the person to
- update their professional knowledge,
- access to a professional network.
- be employed full-time or part-time (minimum 21 hours/week).
Details and sources
Contact a Service Québec office: https://www.localisateur.servicesquebec.gouv.qc.ca/en
Information that may be required at the time of application
- Interactive lectures
- Case studies, demonstrations and simulations
- Practical exercises
- Distance learning by videoconference with a certified trainer
- Case studies
- Microsoft Office Suite: Excel - Word-PowerPoint-Outlook-Access-Teams-OneNote-SharePoint,OneDrive(beginner to advanced)
- AutoCAD 2D and 3D (beginner to advanced)
- Inventor (beginner to intermediate)
- Revit (beginner to advanced)
- 3Ds Max (beginner)
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Language courses
Training Subsidies made easy
Discovery and selection
What's your profile?
- Employers, professionals, jobseekers or students?
- Member of a professional order?
- From a visible minority?
- Immigrated to Canada?
- Under 36?
- Permanent resident or Canadian citizen?
- and many other criteria...
The training subsidy selection tool shows you the programs best suited to your profile.
Subsides Selection Tool
Questions about a subsidies program?
Need help choosing a course?Contact
We'll get back to you within one business day.